As part of Fordham University’s Rosehill Campus’ renovation and expansion efforts in the Bronx, NY, many of the educational institution’s original buildings received much-needed upgrades. McLaren Engineering Group provided temporary shoring sequencing and erection stability support for the remodel of the historic landmark, Thebaud Hall.
Originally built in 1886, the Gothic wooden interior structure which was reinforced with steel over time, once served as Fordham’s School of Pharmacy. Thebaud Hall was later turned into the headquarters of the University’s financial aid office. In 2021, eight of the building’s original columns and first floor were replaced as part of the structural upgrade. The renovation enables installation of more efficient boilers in the basement, reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Our construction team provided temporary shoring at the second-floor framing and shoring of the exterior wall to support the project. In addition, McLaren supplied jacking support and procedures for the removal to support a sound, safe sequence during the removal and replacement process.