QEWI Certified Senior Facade Restoration Engineer – We are Hiring
QEWI (Qualified Exterior Wall Inspector) Certified Senior Facade Restoration Engineer
At McLaren, our facade team can be found designing new glass, aluminum, precast, and stainless steel cladding or restoring the masonry, stone, and terracotta cladding for a number of award winning high-rise and low-rise projects across the country – everything from residential, commercial, retail, transportation facilities, hospitals, and cultural and educational centers. Facade Engineers are responsible for the design and detailing of facade systems, running relevant analyses to ensure structural integrity, researching and evaluating materials and systems, and coordinating project work with the team. Must be conscientious and creative, detailed-oriented and professional, with attentiveness to client communications.
We have an immediate need for a QEWI Certified Senior Façade Restoration Engineer in our New York City, NY or Woodcliff Lake, NJ office location.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Leading façade inspection and restoration projects, including but not limited to: Local Law 11 inspections, fire-escape inspections, and roofing inspections.
- Performing engineering analysis of various building envelope systems comprised of masonry, aluminum, glass, steel, stainless steel, precast concrete, and wood elements.
- Analyzes building facade and appurtenance structural integrity with hand calculations and specialized software as necessary (i.e. load determination, structural analysis, thermal analysis, condensation risk, geometry).
- Researches and evaluates new and existing materials and systems to meet specific project criteria.
- Interprets building codes and specifications (e.g. project, design, construction).
- Coordinating façade design details with architectural and structural design.
- Perform site visits as necessary through the course of projects, review contractor submittals, RFI’s, etc.
- Working directly with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project duration.
- Developing new work opportunities through new and existing client relationships.
- Market company services at networking and industry related events.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- New York State Professional Engineering registration (P.E. License). New Jersey P.E. License a plus.
- 7-12 years of experience in the structural design and detailing of facades in commercial projects.
- Local Law 11 experience as a Qualified Exterior Wall Inspector.
- Proficient in computer-aided design (CAD). AutoCAD 2D is a must, Revit is a plus.
- Proficient in commercially available 3D structural modeling software, e.g. RISA 3D, STAAD, ETAB, RAM, SAFE.
- Proficient in Mathcad and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical writing, emails, and verbally.
- Must have the ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
- Ability to develop key client relationships is required.
- Proven ability to be successful in a fast pace, schedule driven environment.
Posted on: Mar. 3, 2021