AIA Continuing Education
McLaren Engineering Group is an AIA/CES provider. Our industry experts can provide one-hour continuing education Lunch & Learns at your office. Our available lectures include:
Introduction to Structural Glass Design
Learning Units: 1 HSW (Health, Safety, & Welfare)
Course Number: 302
- Distinguish between the different glass types.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of each glass type.
- Identify the different types of glazing systems.
- Evaluate code requirements related to glass design.
Use of Light Gage Metal Framing in Mid-Rise Construction
Learning Units: 1 LU/HSW (Health, Safety, & Welfare)
Course Number: CFS101
- Identify primary components of a LGMF system.
- Identify building types that benefit from load bearing wall construction.
- Explain the advantages of cold formed steel load bearing wall construction over wood framing.
- Learn how to select appropriate floor systems to complement a CFS wall system and accommodate different architectural and MEP systems.
Reach out today to schedule your next AIA approved Lunch & Learn. McLaren is always looking for new topics to educate our clientele on so if there is a specific topic of interest, please let us know.