McLaren is Exhibiting and Presenting at the NASCC Steel Conference in San Antonio
McLaren is exhibiting at next week’s NASCC: The Steel Conference in San Antonio, Texas. In addition to exhibiting, two of McLaren’s elite engineers are speaking at the conference.
- William Gorlin, P.E., S.E., Entertainment Division Chief & Vice President, will be speaking on the use of steel in the entertainment industry.
- "Entertaining with Steel, from Theatrical Rigging to Concert Touring Structures" This session will review steel applications in the entertainment industry. McLaren will discuss the uses and benefits of steel framed systems in theatrical performances, temporary live events, and amusement park theming. The speaker will also discuss considerations for deciding between the superior strength of steel and the lighter weight of aluminum when designing a dynamic structure that will be built, broken down, and rebuilt dozens of times all over the country, or even the world.
- Matthew Kawczenski, P.E. S.E., Pennsylvania Regional Director, will be giving two presentations; one on good, bad and ugly drawing notes and the second on steel stair vibrations.
- "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Drawing Notes" All contract documents have notes to convey information; however, not all notes are created equal. This session will review general note tips, focus on design note examples and review their impact on a project. The examples will be reviewed for clarity, simplification and applicable code requirements.
- "Structural Design of Staircases - Don’t Get Tripped Up" This presentation will begin with a brief overview of a case study involving a problematic stairway and how the engineer eventually resolved the issue. Key references available to the profession will then be reviewed and an in-depth analysis of the procedures available for designing stairways will follow. The presentation will conclude with suggestions for proactive and reactive strategies in always getting it right.
To view the program and find out more information about the presentations and the event, click here.
Please stop by Booth 7140 to talk directly with our engineers, learn more about our services, and find out how we can help your firm achieve its goals! See you in The Lone Star State.