Junior Structural Engineer
At McLaren, our structural engineers can be found designing both high-rise and low-rise buildings that take numerous forms - everything from residential, commercial and retail to cultural and educational structures.
- Performing structural analysis of various building systems comprised of structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and wood for both gravity and lateral loads.
- Coordinating structural design details with architectural and MEP designs.
- Review shop drawings, RFI's, and performing site visits during the construction phase.
- Producing CAD drawing of approved designs for bid and permitting processes.
- Working directly with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project duration.
- Monitoring project budgets and track change orders on a case by case basis.
- Developing new work opportunities through new and existing client relationships.
- Market company services at networking and industry related events.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- California, New York, Maryland, or Florida Professional engineering registration (P.E. License) or the ability to obtain licensing within 6 months of employment.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in the structural design and detailing of high rise, low rise, commercial, residential institutional, governmental, and healthcare facilities.
- Proficient in computer-aided design (CAD), AutoCAD 2D is a must, 3D preferred.
- Proficient in commercially available 3D structural modeling software, RISA 3D, STAAD, ETAB, RAM, SAFE
- Must have the ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
- Ability to develop key client relationships is required.
- Proven ability to be successful in a fast pace environment with minimal direction.
Our salary and benefits package is one of the best in the industry.