McLaren Engineering Group, founded in 1977, has a long history of providing multidiscipline consulting engineering services to clients worldwide. McLaren provides premier professional engineering services through eight (8) technical divisions: Marine, Waterborne Transportation, Site/Civil, Survey, Structural, Bridge/Highway/Rail, Entertainment, and Forensics.
SIN: 871-7 Construction Management
McLaren Contact: William J. McCarthy III
FIRM EXPERTISE CATEGORIES
ALTA/ASCM Title Surveys
Amusement Rides & Devices
Animations & Pre-visualization
Construction Failure Analysis
Demolition & Removal of Existing Structures
Engineers Professional Liabilities
FEMA Elevation Certificates
Flood Plain Impact
Glass & Glazing
Light Gage Metal Framing
Material Failure Analysis
Mechanized Effects & Entertainment Equipment
Retaining Wall Design
Scenery & Touring Stages
Ships & Cruise Terminals
Site Planning & Layout
Stress & Failure Analysis
Subdivision & Land Development
Surveying & Boundary Disputes
Television & Film Production
Theatrical Structures & Rigging
Themed Architectural Elements & Sculptures
Wharf or Wharves
BENEFITS TO OUR FEDERAL CLIENTS
- ✓ GSA contracts meet Federal Acquisition (FAR) requirements.
- ✓ A 5 Year GSA contract eliminates the red tape of public bidding in favor of doing business with "pre-approved" vendors!
- ✓ GSA contracts are stable long-term contracts.
- ✓ GSA Schedule pricing is pre-determined by the GSA to be fair and reasonable.
- ✓ Ordering activity maintains a direct relationship with the contract service provider. GSA is only involved in the initial establishment of the Schedules Contract.
- ✓ FedBizOpps Synopsis is not required.
- ✓ Environmental compliance — orders placed under Schedules provide compliance with environmental requirements for application services and products.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SERVICES (by contract category)
Design Phase Services
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Delivery Methods
- Design Technical Reviews
- Code Compliance Reviews
- Constructability Reviews
- Analysis of Value Engineering Proposals
- Cost Estimates Preparation
- Cost Analysis
- Cost Control/Monitoring
- Utility Studies
- Site Investigations
- Site Evaluations
- Design Scope Changes Review
- Scheduling/Conducting/Documenting Design Related Meetings
- Performing Market Studies
Procurement Phase Services
- Contract Procurement
- Bid/RFP Question Answering Assistance
- Site Visits, Pre-Bid Conferences
- Cost/Bid/Proposal Analysis
- Preparation and Issuance of Solicitation Amendments for Review and Approval of Government Contracting Officer
Construction Phase Services
- Establish temporary field offices
- Set-up job files, working folders, and record keeping systems
- Maintain organized construction files
- Schedule and conduct preconstruction meetings
- Document actions taken and decisions made, etc.
- Monitor submittal review process
- Review and monitor project schedules for construction progress with emphasis on milestone completion dates, phasing requirements, work flow, material deliveries, test dates, etc.
- Assist in problem resolution and handling of disputed issues
- Maintain marked up sets of project plans and specifications for future as-built drawings
- Perform routine inspections of construction as work proceeds, take action to identify work that does not conform to the contract requirements, and notify the contractors when work requires correction
- Compile through site inspections, lists of defects and omissions related to the work performed and provide these lists to the contractor for correction
- Review construction contractor payment requests
- Monitor project financial data and budgetary cost accounting
- Administer of construction contract change orders
- Schedule, conduct, and document regular progress/project meetings with all interested parties to review project status, discuss problems, and resolve issues
- Monitor construction contractor compliance with established safety standards
- Monitor construction contractor's compliance with contract labor standards
- Coordination of construction activities with customer managers and occupying agency personnel
- Monitor the design and construction clarification process
- Participate in all "Partnering" activities during construction (workshops, meetings, etc.)
- Prepare special reports and regular project status reports
- Provide for progress and/or final photographs of project work
- Perform site surveys
- Provide assistance in obtaining permits
- Provide cost estimating assistance
- Provide professional and technical expertise for start-up, calibration, and/or certification of a facility or operating systems within a facility.
- Determine start-up objectives, planning, team assignments
- Perform project specific QC testing and inspection services including:
- Precast concrete connections
- Steel, steel decking
- Applied fireproofing
- Curtain walls/glazing
- Review disputes and claims from A&E and/or construction contractor
- Furnish reports, appeal files, etc.
- Prepare and assembling of appeal files
- Participate in meetings or negotiations with claimants
- Appear in legal proceedings
- Prepare cost estimates for use in claims negotiations
- Prepare risk assessments/analyses relative to claim exposures